1. MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER OUR FACILITY. They must be worn properly over the mouth and nose. If you cannot wear a mask, you may wish to remain outside.
2. DRESSING ROOM PROTOCOL: In an effort to respect the privacy of all of our clients, no child over the age of 5 or adult is allowed in the opposite gender's dressing room facility at any time for any reason. Specifically, women and girls over age 5 are not allowed in the men's dressing area, and men and boys over age 5 are not allowed in the women's dressing area. If you find violations of this policy, please report such instances to the Pool Office located in our Pro Shop.
3. WITHDRAWAL FROM CLASS: Sea Star Swim School has a strict "no refund" policy if your swimmer is withdrawn from class at any point after your initial enrollment in a session. A $20 fee will be assessed if you enroll in a class and withdraw before the quarter begins. We do not offer cash or credit card refunds for any reason. Credit toward tuition may be offered in some circumstances at the discretion of management, and that credit must be used in the same calendar year that the credit is issued or it will be forfeited. In most circumstances, Sea Star will agree to offer a credit for future classes ONLY in the event of serious illness or injury. A doctor's written excuse is required for such credit upon withdrawal from a class, and in that case, we will credit you for the number of classes missed upon your next enrollment after your child is released from medical treatment.
Withdrawing from class because of another activity may result in an automatic forfeit of tuition without credit. Any partial credit given is completely at the discretion of management. Please check all your schedules before enrolling in a class.
While we will do our best to accommodate your schedule, withdrawal from a class even under medical circumstances DOES NOT GUARANTEE the same class day and time that the swimmer previously occupied. We do not automatically enroll your swimmer in the same class day and time for the next session; you must contact the Sea Star office during Open Enrollment to secure a class. The $35 family fee is non-refundable.
4. RETURN CHECK POLICY: If you pay by check and that check is returned for insufficient funds, Sea Star Swim School will assess a $35 returned check fee in addition to the cost of tuition. If this check fee is NOT paid in full, plus the cost of tuition, your child will not be able to participate in class until the fee and tuition is paid in full. This $35 returned check fee also applies to purchases made at the Pro Shop. Sea Star Swim School reserves the right to reject any form of payment.
5. CHANGING CLASS DAYS/TIMES AFTER SESSION BEGINS: Sea Star Swim School assesses a $25 fee for changing class days or times once the quarter begins. This fee applies to each child, and such changes are at the discretion of Sea Star management. While we try our best to accommodate changes in your schedule, please be certain that the class day and time you reserve will work at the time you enroll. We make it a point to announce our class schedule well in advance so you can be prepared to enroll in other activities. No credits will be given if we are unable to accommodate your schedule change request.
6. NO MAKEUP CLASSES: Sea Star Swim School does NOT offer makeup classes for missed classes for any reason. We are here to serve you each class session, so please make your best effort to attend.
7. INCLEMENT WEATHER: The only exception to the makeup policy is in the event of inclement weather or if Sea Star Management cancels classes. Regarding inclement weather, if Sumner County Schools are closed because of snow or other weather conditions, do not assume that Sea Star will close.
SNOW/ICE/EXTREME COLD: Because many weather conditions that close Sumner County schools only affect the northern areas of the county, Sea Star will be closed only if roads in the Hendersonville area are impassible. Even if we close during the morning session, if roads clear, we will do our best to hold our afternoon and evening classes. We will NOT have makeup sessions if we hold classes.
To be sure of the status of your class, you should check our website, www.swimatseastar.com, our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SeaStarSwimSchool, or call 615-822-8800 to verify whether the class will be held as usual or canceled. We will also attempt to email the affected classes if time permits. Closure information will always be on the answering machine, so please wait until you hear the message before you hang up. In any event, you, as the parent and driver, should always use your discretion on whether you should attempt to drive.
The makeup session for classes canceled because of snow and school closing will usually be held on the immediately following Friday or Saturday, weather and schedule permitting, and this will be the ONLY makeup day for the missed class. Affected students will be notified of variances on makeup days.
THUNDER/LIGHTNING: If there are thunderstorms in the area, closure decisions will be made on a moment to moment basis. Sea Star will close only if there is lightning in the immediate area near the pool. WE WILL NOT close because of a prediction of severe weather. In most, but not all, instances, the makeup will be scheduled for either a Friday at your regular class time or Saturday afternoon. You will be informed of the day of the makeup, and this will be the only opportunity for your swimmer to participate in the makeup session. To verify a storm closure, you may check our website, www.swimatseastar.com, our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SeaStarSwimSchool, and we will attempt to notify affected classes of closure if time permits.
8. WHEN SEA STAR CANCELS CLASSES: In the case of holidays, there will be information in the lobby and on the web site concerning for which holidays Sea Star will close. If there is a holiday or other days, such as school seasonal breaks, this will be addressed before you enroll in the session and your classes will either be pro rated for the missed days, or the days have been added to the end of the session. While we try to take holidays when we can, there will be times that we cannot take them because of when they fall in the quarter. DO NOT ASSUME that just because it is a school holiday that classes will not be held. You will receive an email reminder if our classes will be closed for a holiday.
If Sea Star Management cancels a class for any reason, the makeup day will be communicated to the affected swimmers. This date will also be posted in the lobby. The designated makeup day will be the only opportunity for makeup.
9. PRIORITY ENROLLMENT:PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC, OUR PRIORITY PROCEDURE HAS CHANGED! Sea Star Swim School communicates enrollment times by email and through signage in the pool lobby. Our first week of enrollment for the quarter is reserved for currently enrolled students to keep their current class and time. You MUST enroll and pay in full on your swimmer's class day, or you lose your priority on that particular class. Any changes to class day and time must be made during Open Enrollment . If your swimmer is transitioning to another class (Parent/Child to Toddler, Lap Swim to Little Flippers, Little Flippers to Barracuda, etc.), you will not be able to make this change until Open Enrollment, and there is no guarantee that you will be able to reserve a particular class day or time. Please watch for the emails and signs in the lobby!!! Your child's teacher will tell you when your child is ready to move to another level, such as Lap Swim or Little Flippers.
We DO NOT offer refunds or credits if (a) you schedule another activity and it conflicts with your class and (b) once payment is processed and you decide to drop the class.
10. NO FOOD OR DRINK BEYOND LOBBY AREA: Absolutely no food is allowed in the pool, pool deck, or dressing room areas! We understand that your swimmers might be hungry or thirsty after class; however, there is absolutely NO food allowed in the pool, pool deck or dressing room areas. Food consumption in a wet area, even for infants and toddlers, is very unsanitary and difficult to manage. Please be considerate of others and wait until you reach the lobby area before you accommodate their needs.
11. PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR CLASS: Dropping a child into a class after it has begun not only disrupts the pattern and pace of the class for the other swimmers, it may also upset your child. Keep in mind that when you are late to a class, there is no "makeup" time allotted and your child must leave the pool at the regularly scheduled time.
12. NO LOST AND FOUND: We are not responsible for lost/stolen items. Sea Star Swim School is not responsible for items left in our locker rooms, on the deck of the pool, in the lobby or anywhere else on the premises. There is no "Lost and Found", so please check to be sure you have everything you brought with you before you leave. If you notice that you left something behind, please return and pick it up before the pool closes that day.
13. SWIM DIAPERS: Swim diapers are required of all students in the Infant/Toddler level, and for all swimmers who are not very securely potty trained. If a child is "potty trained" and has an accident in the pool, he/she will be required to wear a swim diaper for future classes, no exceptions.